When traveling the world, no matter how much you wish it did not, there can be setbacks. They can ruin your vacation before it even started and cause an excessive outlay of money.
Before leaving for a trip to Botswana, it is therefore very important to take out insurance that is useful in case of health needs, flight cancellation, or loss of luggage.
But the question is, which one to choose? Here are some of the best travel insurance for Botswana. We will also answer the following questions that might be boggling your mind.
- Is travel insurance in Botswana mandatory?
- Why take out health insurance?
- How to choose travel insurance?
- Hey world: The company Ima Italia Assistance has ventured into a partnership with the Spanish broker Smart Insurance and created this platform for travel insurance.
This agency offers two solutions (short stay up to 45 days of vacation and long stay up to 365 days) and guarantees different levels of coverage (from medical expenses to reimbursement for baggage). It is purchasable via the web or the app, it guarantees an operational center available 24 hours a day.
Its strengths are the zero deductible option which reduces the deductibles on medical expenses and baggage also the ability to manage everything from your mobile. Among the policies are the following:
- Peace of mind travel: This is the basic policy that only insures medical expenses and early return
- Viaggio Top: This is the option that adds reimbursement for baggage compared to the previous one
- Travel Premium: It is the most comprehensive policy for travel up to 45 days which also includes travel cancellation
- Multiviaggio Top: This is the annual insurance that covers all trips that take place in 365 days and reimburses medical expenses, early return, baggage.
- Premium Multi-Trip: It is like the previous one. Thus also covers delayed departures and early return.
- Allianz Global Assistance Travel Care.It is among the best travel insurance companies, a world leader in this field for price, coverage, reliability, and flexibility. It has many policies to choose from based on the type of trip (work, study, vacation, etc.), but its strong point is 24-hour health care and immediate payment of medical expenses.
Also, there are various policies that you can choose from. Let us try to enumerate them:
- Travel Care: It is ideal for those who travel up to 45 days and want health care with high limits. Other services such as baggage refund and cancellation can also be added to this policy
- Travel Care Annuale: It is a multi-trip policy that covers every trip in Italy and abroad
- Travel Cancel: This is ideal for those who do not want to lose money if they can no longer leave for work, family, or health reasons
- Travel Long Stay: This is the ideal option for backpackers who make long trips (from 45 days to 120 days) and need the direct payment of medical expenses and assistance 24 hours a day, for themselves and family members left at home
- Travel Student: Dedicated to children up to the age of 30 who undertake study trips abroad. You can choose the Single Trip for a round trip study trip (maximum 180 days) and a multi-trip to go and return several times in a year
- Frontier: This exclusively online policy belongs to a Italian company that collaborates with two other leading companies namely Insurance Travel and Ima Assistance. It specializes exclusively in travel policies and all include travel assistance, coverage of medical expenses with different limits, direct payment for hospitalization, repatriation, and telephone assistance in Italian.
- Axa A: It is a well known and reliable company, it is known both nationally and internationally; its strength is the availability of the 24-hour operations center that offers assistance in Italian, telephone medical advice, immediate payment of medical and health expenses, reimbursement for travel cancellation, baggage guarantees (loss, breakage, etc.) and legal assistance while traveling.
- Cowerwise: It is a company specializing in travel insurance and this makes it one of the best online policies for those traveling abroad. Its strengths are the very competitive price, the 24-hour assistance service, the reliable and good level coverage.
Among the policies
- The base is the option for those seeking only health and medical coverage
- Smart is a policy for those who, in addition to wanting to protect themselves from medical risks, also want to insure their baggage
- The top is the most complete option that provides insurance coverage for healthcare expenses, baggage, and cancellation
- Study Trip and Cultural Exchanges suitable for all young people who have experiences in foreign countries such as Erasmus, Masters, and PhDs
- On the Road is suitable for all those who travel around the world and in addition to health costs, it insures the driver and any faults in car accidents
- Total Screen is the all-inclusive policy suitable for the most demanding travelers who need full coverage (medical, baggage, cancellation)
- Medium Protection is suitable for those who leave destinations where medical fees are very expensive and you also want to insure your baggage
- Basic Protection is the ideal option for European and short-haul travel and covers medical and accident costs
- Annual policy suitable for those who make several trips during the year (for work or pleasure) and want to always be calm
Depending on the type that is stipulated, you are entitled to increasing insurance coverage and additional services, some examples of it are the following:
- All-Inclusive Coverage: It is the policy for those who want to be safe and insured for medical expenses, baggage, and cancellation
- Medical Coverage: This is the option to choose if you want to be calm only from a health point of view.
- Baggage Coverage: It is the policy that covers medical expenses and reimbursement in the event of theft or damage to baggage
- Cancellation Coverage: This is the specific option for those who are afraid of not leaving and do not want to risk losing all their money
Is travel insurance in Botswana mandatory?
In Botswana, travel insurance is not compulsory but it is highly recommended to take out one before departure to be able to insure medical expenses and any medical air repatriation or transfer to another country.
Why take out health insurance?
Many people find travel insurance an additional cost, optional and unnecessary, but we want you to understand why it is often essential to have one when abroad. It is important to be able to afford a doctor and pharmaceutical assistance in case of illness, to return to the country of origin if the situation requires it, to be joined by a relative or to be reimbursed in the event of travel cancellation and loss of baggage.
Here are some examples of risks and dangers that can be encountered before and during the trip:
- Poisoning and pathologies conveyed by food and water, especially where hygienic and sanitary conditions are rather insufficient
- Diseases carried by insects such as cases of malaria, dengue, yellow fever, etc.
- Animal attacks
- Sudden sickness while traveling
- The danger of theft and pickpocketing from the suitcase, to the backpack with credit cards and cash
- Need to stay on-site for health reasons, natural disasters, or loss of documents
- Disability due to an accident
- Inability to leave for medical reasons or a family problem
- Your baggage has been lost and you need to buy everything you need for the duration of the trip
How to choose travel insurance?
The choice of travel insurance is not easy because you have to take into account, in addition to the price, many variables and above all what and how much it covers in case of need. Browsing the internet you will find many offers but before taking out a policy it is essential to carefully evaluate the product and compare between the different offers.
We always suggest that you check the following items and if certain covers are not present, you can request them to be added such as the following:
- Maximum millionaires and deductible for medical expenses and possible repatriation
- Sub-ceilings and limitations in coverage for assistance and medical expenses
- Possibility to extend coverage directly from abroad
- Possibility of eliminating the deductible
- Insurance coverage for terrorism
- Operations center and claims management
- Direct payment of medical expenses compensation in the event of travel cancellation reimbursement in the event of an accident occurring while traveling refund for canceled trip or flight reimbursement for theft or loss of baggage
Travel insurance Advice
We always rely on a reliable insurance company that provides comprehensive coverage at absolutely competitive prices. They must provide customer assistance, an always active call center, and 24-hour medical insurance with unlimited telephone
We know well that when you are abroad in emergencies, finding a consultant who is always ready to respond is the most important thing.