Which place makes people feel the happiest? Of course, you can be happy and carefree anywhere and with little if you know how to do it. But if you could choose where would you live a better life of higher quality, where would you go?
Not really sure?!
We’ve done the hard work for you and bring you a list of the countries with the highest quality of life in the world. So, let’s see which they are!
The following ranking is based on data provided by Numbeo.com, an online collaborative database that allows users from all over the world to share and compare information on cities and countries in terms of cost and quality of life, traffic, crime, level of pollution, etc.
The “Quality of Life Index” of each nation is calculated by applying an empirical formula that involves variables such as:
- Purchase Power of the coin (the higher the value, the better)
- Pollution index (the lower the value the better)
- House price/income ratio (the lower the value, the better)
- Cost of living (the lower the value, the better)
- Safety index (the higher the value, the better)
- Healthcare level (the higher the value the better)
- Index of the time spent in traffic on the journey home to work (the lower the value, the better)
- Climate quality index (the higher the value, the better).
Ranking of the Countries With the Highest Quality of Life
The countries shown in the table below have the highest quality of life according to the above criteria. The values indicated in the table are the most relevant indices in the calculation of the ranking. Now, let’s see which country wins and which one is in the last place on the table!
|United Arab Emirates||167.81||84.55||50.66||45.23|